Abstract submission in now closed, the deadline was 23 February. Corresponding authors will receive an e-mail with the result of the review and the Scientific Committee's decision on the abstract on 15 April 2009.
Abstract presenters must register for the conference before 31 May 2009.
Abstract policy and regulations
With the submission of an abstract to ICPPP 15, the corresponding author:
- accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract (please proofread the abstract carefully prior to submission!);
- accepts to be the contact person for all correspondence about the abstract and inform co-authors about its status;
- confirms that all (co-)authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented;
- states that for studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate;
- releases the copyright to ICPPP and gives permission for the abstract, when selected for presentation, to be published in the ICPPP abstract book as well as on the ICPPP website.
- The title of the abstract should be brief and objectively describe the study. Please use only capital letters in the title.
- Mailing addresses and academic degrees of co-authors should not be mentioned in the authors’ list.
- Abstracts should follow this template (word/pdf).
- Abstracts that exceed 1 A4 page will be not accepted.
- ONLY PDF files will be accepted
- Data tables, illustrations and figures may be included.
- The abstract must be submitted in good English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- The corresponding author’s name, address and e-mail address details are crucial for future correspondence.
- Once the abstract is submitted, changes, corrections or rewording are not possible. Careful typing and proof-reading are essential as the abstract will not be edited or corrected by the organiser and will appear, if accepted, as submitted.
- Submitting and abstract for presentation at ICPPP 15 does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend ICPPP 15 by following the instructions for registration on the conference website. Abstract presenters must register before 31 May 2009 .
For questions regarding the on-line submission process, e-mail: email@example.com
Abstract selection process
Abstracts submitted for presentation at ICPPP 15 will be reviewed by the scientific committee and will be judged solely on the data submitted.
The following presentation formats are applicable for all accepted abstracts at ICPPP 15:
The abstract is selected for oral presentation at any of the parallel sessions.
Abstracts that have been selected for presentation in poster format will be displayed on poster boards. The posters are grouped by topic and are displayed from Monday to Thursday. A specific time is devoted to poster viewing.
The selection of abstracts for oral or poster presentation will be made by the Scientific Committee in April 2009.
Withdrawal of abstracts
Abstracts submitted for presentation at ICPPP 15 can be withdrawn until 15 April 2009. After this date, abstracts selected for oral or poster presentation should be presented. If the presenting author of a selected abstract cannot attend, (s)he should assign a replacement and inform the organising secretariat of the replacement as soon as possible.